Sunday 11 May 2014

Dwelling in a Toadstool ~ A Must Read for All Magical Creatures Considering an Alternative Housing Arrangement.

So, if you lived in a shroom or a toadstool, would you have to hollow out the middle yourself, or do they come like that in magical lands? Also, do you live in the stem or the cap? And do you have to move when your home turns to a soggy mess? Or have the fungus-fairies put spells on to make them decay resistant? If you are a tiny creature searching for a shroomy home, here are some of the autumn specials.
















Just had a bad thought. What if, the reason the creatures-who-live-in-the-fungus don't have to deal with house decay, is because they ONLY LIVE FOR A DAY. 

That was a sad thought, man. I'm sorry. 

7 comments:

  1. Those are some nifty looking mushrooms :)
    I would live in the stem and not the cap like I would live inside my house and not on the roof despite the interior of my house being prone to floods.
    Are they widely seen in New Zealand? Planning to and can't wait to visit your beautiful country!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! Makes sense though.
      It is autumn right now, and there are quite a few around the place. A few of these were in our back garden, but most of them were at an Arboretum. Aren't they the funniest little things?

      Delete
  2. Yup, they make a scenic delight!
    The creatures might only live for a day, but afaik tiny creatures have a much slower perception of time (one day feels like several days or weeks in the creature's world).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. I shall quench my tears for them, I think.

      Delete
  3. I saw a mushroom similar to the one on your 8th picture in Hamilton yesterday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, how exciting! Have you been to the Hamilton Gardens? ( I am assuming that you mean the New Zealand Hamilton! There are quite a few :) ) They are very lovely, and there may even be a few toadstools left there now.

      Delete
  4. Unfortunately, it was already past 5pm when I arrived in Hamilton, NZ. I do plan to visit a garden some time in the next few days during my time in NZ :)

    ReplyDelete